Sports Search Engine

IPL Search Engine

Live Score

Thursday, March 26, 2009

I was not consulted: Ganguly


Reacting to the question about the "Four Captains" theory by John Buchanan, former coach of Austrlian Cricket Team, Ganguly said that he was not consulted on this topic. He also said that he is not sure whether it would work.

"Tomorrow I can jump out and say we need four batting coaches, four John Buchanans and Shah Rukh Khan can say we need six Andy Bichels," Ganguly told NDTV. "These are all opinions; these are the way they are thinking how Twenty20 cricket can be played. We'll have to wait and see because it's completely new, it has never happened in sports."

He said that he came to know about it only through media and no one told him about this plan. Thought it is not yet implemented, no one gave him information about this. "On Tuesday, John mooted the idea to me," Ganguly told Times of India. "All I can say is that I was not consulted on this. Frankly, it's a new concept. It may work, it may not. There are no guarantees in sport."

He further added, "Frankly speaking, I doubt whether the likes of McCullum or Gayle too would have heard about such a concept. I am sure it will be new to them. At least, I have never been part of a team with four captains. We all need to first find out how it works."

No comments: