Sports Search Engine

IPL Search Engine

Live Score

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Gilly gives tips to Rohit! Good for him!

Rohit Sharma of the Deccan Chargers is one of those cricketers taking full advantage of this IPL, which gives rich experience and learning through sharing of rooms with experienced international cricketers and also playing in the nets. They give lot of tips and advice for the youngsters, which is good for both cricket and India.

The 21-year-old Nagpur-born Telugu-speaking lad, bought by the Hyderabad-based Chargers for $750,000, received a simple piece of advice from Australian wicketkeeper-batsman Adam Gilchrist - stay positive.

For Rohit, the mantra has worked wonders and he religiously follows it.

"Young cricketers like me have benefited immensely by the IPL. I never expected to get a chance to share the dressing room with Gilchrist. Watching him prepare for any match is a learning curve in itself. He has advised me to stay positive at all
times and that has changed my attitude and approach towards the game," Rohit told IANS.

Gilchrist, has rated Rohit as the most exciting Indian talent.

"It is very difficult to pick oneself up after every defeat and every time I remembered Gilly's encouraging words. He told me not to get swayed by the results as my job is only to keep performing. It sounds simple, but is very difficult to follow. I have started following his advice and already and I find the difference in everything I do on the cricket field," Rohit said.

"I don't feel Twenty20 is all slam-bang cricket. I have played simple cricketing shots and I don't believe in experimenting too much. Using simple methods, I have scored runs in this tournament."

He said that it was unfortunate that the Deccan Chargers were losing matches in a row despite a good batting line up and hoped his team would find the winning formula soon.

"It's unfortunate that we are not performing well and if we have to qualify for the semi-finals we can't afford to lose any more games. We have come close to winning on a few occasions, but ended up losing. It is high time we put things in order," said Rohit.

He mentioned that the main reason for his team's dismal performance is that "we are not able to pool our resources and click".

"The innings Gilchrist played against Mumbai Indians can't happen everyday. Everyone has to contribute at the same time for us to win consistently," he said.

AS of now, he is owning the Orange Cap, bagged from Shewag for highest run scorer in the IPL.

No comments: